Re: master 6ed1994d27: Prevent crashes from illegal locale coding system

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: master 6ed1994d27: Prevent crashes from illegal locale coding systems
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 20:33:08 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> Only if this is a recent problem.  Otherwise, I'd prefer not to
> introduce such non-trivial code into the release branch so late into
> the pretest.

It's a problem that cropped up in GLib after 27.1 was released, but I
don't know if that counts as recent enough.

Perhaps we could install the simpler fix that avoids passing an invalid
coding system to setup_coding_system on the release branch, which should
cover botched values of `locale-coding-system'.

Thanks.