Re: Easy way to make Emacs look more "modern"

From: Daniele Nicolodi
Subject: Re: Easy way to make Emacs look more "modern"
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 08:44:54 +0200

On 10/04/2022 03:10, Po Lu wrote:
What would actually be an improvement would be to make NS and W32 draw
boxes with a relief in the "pretty" way that X, PGTK and Haiku do.

Interesting. The platforms where I spend most on my time these days are macOS and Windows. This may be one of the reasons why I don't like the default mode-line that much.

I would also like to give some more air (padding) to the minibuffer,
but I haven't found a way to do that in the 10 minutes that I looked
at it.

That would waste precious screen space, wouldn't it?

On the screens I use wasting 6 to 10 pixels for the padding would not make a significant difference. However, the smallest screes I use are 13" high DPI screens.

Does anyone know how to add some padding to the minibuffer?

Cheers,
Dan