Re: Easy way to make Emacs look more "modern"

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Easy way to make Emacs look more "modern"
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 14:50:57 +0800

Daniele Nicolodi <daniele@grinta.net> writes:

> On the screens I use wasting 6 to 10 pixels for the padding would not
> make a significant difference. However, the smallest screes I use are
> 13" high DPI screens.

I think the plan is to make device scaling work correctly in Emacs, so
those "6 to 10 pixels" will eventually become device independent and
turn into 12 to 20 pixels (or more) on a high resolution screen.  This
is already what happens on NS (macOS) and PGTK.

XEmacs lets you drag the modeline above the minibuffer to resize it.
Maybe we should have that as an option as well?