Re: [External] : Easy way to make Emacs look more "modern"

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: [External] : Easy way to make Emacs look more "modern"
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 14:47:27 +0800

Daniele Nicolodi <daniele@grinta.net> writes:

> I think restoring the contrast is very easy tweaking the distance
> between the background colors. Maybe the merit of removing the 3D box
> and increasing the padding (box line width technically) should be
> evaluated separately from the exact choice of colors.

I don't have a specific opinion either way, but in my opinion the 3D box
is currently what makes the mode line stand out from buffer text.
Remove it (or even replace it with a flat box), and that contrast is
immediately lost.

N.B. that we already have themes which people who want a mode line
without a raised box can use, such as the several modus themes that come
with Emacs.