Re: org: begin_center in Emacs @HEAD

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: org: begin_center in Emacs @HEAD
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 13:51:28 +0000

Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com> writes:

>> At least, html, latex, and ascii exports produce the expected results
>> from emacs -Q + <C-c C-e h o>, <C-c C-e l o>, <C-c C-e t U>.
>
> From my reading of Raman's original report, I think the issue is that it
> doesn't work if the block delimiters are upper case. Works when lower
> case, but not upper BEGIN_CENTER/END_CENTER

I now tried

Aliquam erat volutpat.

#+BEGIN_CENTER
Nullam eu ante vel est convallis dignissim.
#+END_CENTER

Still works fine.

> I just tried reproducing, but it seems I don't have the necessary latex
> classes installed (been a while since I needed to export to anything
> latex/pdf related and with 9.6, it looks like some additional classes
> are now needed which were not required previously?)

You don't need anything special installed.
Things should work out of the box as long as you have basic LaTeX
installation.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,