Re: org: begin_center in Emacs @HEAD

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: org: begin_center in Emacs @HEAD
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 14:31:34 +0000

Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com> writes:

>> You don't need anything special installed.
>> Things should work out of the box as long as you have basic LaTeX
>> installation.
>
> Hmmm, I will have to try on a fresh VM and verify. I had to install a
> number of additional packages that were not installed with basic
> texlive-latex and texlive-latex-recommended. It could be my
> configuration, although none of the additional packages I had to install
> is referenced in my config. For example
>
> texlive-wrapfig
> texlive-ulem
> texlive-capt-of
> texlive-collections-fontsextra
>
> were all necessary before I could export a basic org file as PDF. Are
> thewswe considered a basic latex installation? What exactly defines a
> basic latex installation? Are all the texlive packages
> standard/consistent across distributions? (this was on a Fedora 37
> system, previously I was on Ubuntu).

I was wrong. There are some extra non-default packages that are needed.
Not sure about fonts, but other packages are required to export specific
Org syntax elements. See the docstring for
`org-latex-default-packages-alist'.

That said, extra packages have nothing to do with center environment in
the original report.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,