fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Multiple usernames and password typos

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Multiple usernames and password typos
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 11:58:52 -0400

Hi Alex, folks,

If you check out my Github Fabric fork,
http://github.com/bitprophet/fabric/tree/master, I've just pushed a
fix for your first issue. I could have sworn that Fabric already
supported address@hidden style username overrides in fab_hosts, but it
didn't appear to, so I've added it in :) Seems to work OK for me.

Not sure how you have Fabric installed, but if you aren't able or
willing to use Git to pull down the source (with Git installed you
just need to two commands, "git clone <my git clone URL>" followed by
"sudo python setup.py install", and that will get you the 'fab'
command) just let me know and I'll zip it up for you or whatever you'd
like.

Your second problem will take a bit more work but I might tackle that
today as well, depending on my whims and how easy it is :) Don't know
the paramiko module very well but I hope it would just be some extra
logic on Fabric's end to handle "bad password" exceptions inside a
while loop or some such.

Regards,
Jeff