fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Multiple usernames and password typos

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Multiple usernames and password typos
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 17:08:45 -0400

Hey folks,

I'm about to try a potential solution to the global username/password
issue, but before I did so I wanted to finish documenting my
exploration of the code (well, the start of a document, anyways). Just
pushed it to my Git repo as doc/site/programmers_guide.txt and an HTML
version can be found temporarily at
http://bitprophet.org/fab/programmers_guide.html.

Of particular interest to this discussion are the sections "Users and
passwords" and "Relationship between command functions", although I am
hoping Christian will have time to look over the whole thing at some
point to give me an idea of how far off base I am with my
interpretation :)

Thanks,
Jeff

P.S. I don't like Textile much (it's way too hard to write inline
Python syntax like __foo__ or @bar with it, and its block code is also
pretty finicky) but I didn't want to bring a different markup syntax
in, so I stuck with it :) Seems to render with generate.py OK, at any
rate; and where'd you get the styling for the code blocks? I like it.