fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Multiple usernames and password typos

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Multiple usernames and password typos
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 12:25:45 -0400

Correct, I only tested this with run(), and looking at sudo() you're
right that it won't work.

The problem as I see it is the initial assumption of having the same
username/password on all hosts (e.g. just grabbing ENV['fab_password']
which will be the last password entered by the user during the
connection phase). I've nixed the username problem, but the password
is still an issue.

I imagine having a more robust global registry of hosts with username
and password defined for each would go a ways towards fixing this.
I'll take a stab at a solution soon.

-Jeff