fab-user

[Fab-user] Multiple usernames and password typos

From: Alex Marandon
Subject: [Fab-user] Multiple usernames and password typos
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 11:07:28 +0100

Hi Christian, hi everyone,

I thought I'd give you a bit a feedback on my experience with Fabric.

Apparently it's not possible to set up multiple user names. I guess
Fabric makes the assumption that all the servers should be accessed by
the same user name but it's not always the case. Fabric doesn't seem
to take into account the rules specified in ~/.ssh/config either, so I
can't really find a way to work around this limitation.

Another problem is how mistyped passwords are handled. When typing a
wrong password, Fabric just blows up which is a bit annoying since
typos can happen when typing multiple passwords in a row.

All the best,
Alex