fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Fabric Run Prompt

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Fabric Run Prompt
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 12:21:56 -0800

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 11:46 AM, Kyle B <address@hidden> wrote:

> The svn server we have uses http auth. So when I have fabric run that
> command, it immediately responds back with asking for my password for the
> username "kyle" passed above on the command line.

The point I was trying to make is: nearly every Unix app out there has
features enabling you to script them, no interaction (real or
expect-driven) required. Typically, if you're getting prompted by a
program, there will be ways to avoid it if you look around hard
enough.

In SVN's case, there is for example a --password option you could be
using. Or you could (if you control both sides of the equation) go
with Chris' suggestion and set up key-based auth, which is not only
easier to make use of once set up, but more secure.

> So I'm wondering if Fabric currently has that type of built in expect
> functionality?

Youe q

--
Jeff Forcier