fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Fabric Run Prompt

From: Kyle B
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Fabric Run Prompt
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 13:36:18 -0700

Ok, thanks Jeff.

Unfortunately, I don't control both sides of the equation, so I can't switch to key-based auth, even though I'd like to. Also, the --password option works fine, but the problem with that was that it was getting logged in plain text to /var/log/secure, and I don't like my password being logged like that :)

It sounds like this isn't anywhere on the road map, so I'll close my responses to this thread and go down the pyexpect/paramiko road.

Thanks for responding,

-Kyle

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 1:27 PM, Jeff Forcier <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 12:24 PM, Jeff Forcier <address@hidden> wrote:

> Your question implies you didn't actually go read that ticket I
> linked?

Last email from me on this for now :) Want to apologize -- I mentioned
the ticket in my original reply, but did not link it -- the link was
in another email in the thread, which apparently didn't get CC'd to
the list. It's this one:

   https://github.com/fabric/fabric/issues/177

It's been in the tracker for a year and a half -- just to give you a
sense of how long it's been on the table :)

--
Jeff Forcier
Unix sysadmin; Python/Ruby engineer