fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Fabric Run Prompt

From: Jordi Funollet
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Fabric Run Prompt
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 17:05:38 +0100

On 11/21/2011 09:36 PM, Kyle B wrote:
Ok, thanks Jeff.

Unfortunately, I don't control both sides of the equation, so I can't
switch to key-based auth, even though I'd like to. Also, the --password
option works fine, but the problem with that was that it was getting
logged in plain text to /var/log/secure, and I don't like my password
being logged like that :)

A workaround: svn can cache your authentication tokens to '~/.subversion/auth/'. Run 'svn' once without '--no-auth-cache' and copy the key. Then Fabric can put the key here, run 'svn update' and finally remove the key.

No passwords on logs, no passwords on stdout, no passwords hardcoded on your fabfile.

--
Jordi Funollet Pujol
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jordifunollet