flpda-disc

Re: [Flpda-disc] flpda strategy

From: Cam
Subject: Re: [Flpda-disc] flpda strategy
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 09:36:17 +0100

Peeter
cc list

Right now I'm struggling to find a point to make a release. I have
 started some work to make widgets to enter Lat-Long information
but haven't finished them. If you want a tarball snapshot I can
send you one. But I don't think it's ready for putting into CVS
yet.

To see the tarball will be helpful. I think, if it does compile then
it is ready to be placed into CVS. The current CVS version is just the old one with updated file headers.

I have uploaded a tarball with flpda, aps-schedule and pdaicon (the font). Here it is:

  http://www.aonv79.dsl.pipex.com/flpda-wip-20030921.tgz

That server is slow and may take some time to connect. There is a working version of the lat-long widget in flpda although I think it contains bugs. I want to add the link pasting feature then feature freeze to get ready for a release of flpda and a beta romdisk.

The tarball above is configured to compile with gcc-3.2 on x86 but should be usable for mips with a little tweaking.

So, you will make patch for the integer calculations for fltk-1.1.4?

I have done most of the patching now, it doesn't compile at the moment.
I'm still working on it.

Also - what to do about fleditor? It is in a separate lib but why?

It is multiline editor widget that did not exist in fltk-1.0.x but
does exist in fltk-1.1.x. I'm not sure that this widget is
replaceable by fltk-1.1.4 editing widget.

We'll have to look to see if the fltk-1.1.4 is better than fleditor, if so, port the apps to use it. It might take a while tho...

-Cam