Re: [fluid-dev] compiling fluidsynth to use core audio

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] compiling fluidsynth to use core audio
Date: 30 May 2003 20:51:57 -0700

On Fri, 2003-05-30 at 20:23, Joe Corneli wrote:

> > and then include this
> > path by running:
> > "aclocal -I /sw/share/aclocal".
>
> This gave the same error.

Do you have a libtool.m4 file in /sw/share/aclocal? If not, find out
where it is and put that path instead.

> > Re-run "autoconf" and "./configure --enable-coreaudio CPPFLAGS=...". You
> > won't need to manually edit src/config.h anymore, but check and see if
> > it has COREAUDIO_SUPPORT set to 1.
>
> No dice --
>
> /* whether or not we are supporting CoreAudio */
> /* #undef COREAUDIO_SUPPORT */

Yeah, probably because the configure script isn't being rebuilt, because
of the missing libtool macro.

> > Check the src/Makefile.am again to make sure that fluid_coreaudio.c
> > isn't mentioned in EXTRA_DIST or anywhere else, except
> > libfluidsynth_la_SOURCES. Then do a "make".
>

> EXTRA_DIST = fluid_dll.c fluid_dsound.c fluid_winmidi.c fluid_portaudio.c \
>         fluid_dsp_core.c fluid_coreaudio.c fluid_sndmgr.c

Is that what your current EXTRA_DIST looks like? If so, its incorrect.
You should remove fluid_coreaudio.c from the second line, and then make
sure its part of the libfluidsynth_la_SOURCES directive, example:

libfluidsynth_la_SOURCES = \
        fluid_adriver.c \
        fluid_adriver.h \
        fluid_alsa.c \
        fluid_chan.c \
        fluid_chan.h \
        fluid_chorus.c \
        fluid_chorus.h \
        fluid_cmd.c \
        fluid_cmd.h \
        fluid_conv.c \
        fluid_conv.h \
        fluid_coreaudio.c \   <--- put it here
        fluid_defsfont.c \

Make sure there is nothing after the backslash.

> > If you still have troubles, could you send me a tarball (off the list)
> > of your current source tree? I could more easily diagnose the problem.
> > Do a "make clean" before taring it up to make things smaller.
>
> [fluidsynth-1.0.1]%make clean
> cd . && /bin/sh /Users/joe/Desktop/keys/fluidsynth-1.0.1/missing --run
> aclocal-1.6
> aclocal: configure.ac: 33: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
> make: *** [aclocal.m4] Error 1
>
> Uh-o?
>
> I'll just remove all the .o's and gzip... its still huge... on its way
> though.  What else should I remove next time?

src/.libs/*  and all .lo files.

> Joe

If you did need to make the changes I noted above about the
src/Makefile.am then you don't need to re-run autoconf aclocal and all
that mess, just automake. So if you can't figure out the libtool macro
thing, skip it. Cheers.
        Josh