Re: [fluid-dev] compiling fluidsynth to use core audio

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] compiling fluidsynth to use core audio
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 16:20:08 -0500 (CDT)

> > Ok, [...] still no fluid_coreaudio.o (and I get the same error
> > as before)
> >
> > Joe
> >

> I'm a little confused by that. By adding fluid_coreaudio.c to your
> src/Makefile.am it should have tried to build that file. You may have to
> start fresh by doing this from the top level directory:
>
> make distclean
> aclocal && autoheader && autoconf && automake --gnu --add-missing --copy

Probably this isn't deadly:

[fluidsynth-1.0.1]%aclocal && autoheader && autoconf && automake --gnu
--add-missing --copy
aclocal: configure.ac: 33: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library

> ./configure CPPFLAGS=-I/sw/include LDFLAGS=-L/sw/lib

Cut & paste works this time... thanks!

> [ edit the src/config.h to change COREAUDIO_SUPPORT to 1 ]

/* whether or not we are supporting CoreAudio */
#define COREAUDIO_SUPPORT 1

> make

> Note that what I said with the CFLAGS= before should actually be
> CPPFLAGS=.

Ok!

> Make sure the aclocal, autoheader, etc stuff runs alright. You may need
> to get some of those packages (automake/autoconf) in order for things to
> work.

They were already installed by Fink & I think they ran right...

> I'll try and think what else would cause that file to not be built.
> Cheers.
>       Josh Green

Maybe you'll find a clue somewhere in here. (Note that I forgot
the extra flags in  this pass... but that didn't change this part of
the output).

[fluidsynth-1.0.1]%./configure > take_a_look
configure: WARNING:  *** Could not find soundcard.h, disabling OSS driver
Package ladcca-1.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `ladcca-1.0.pc'
No package 'ladcca-1.0' found

[fluidsynth-1.0.1]%more take_a_look
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /sw/bin/install -c
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of gcc... gcc
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /sw/bin/install -c
checking build system type... powerpc-apple-darwin6.5
checking host system type... powerpc-apple-darwin6.5
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... no
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -p
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking how to recognise dependant libraries... file_magic Mach-O dynamically
linked shared library
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -p output... ok
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking dlfcn.h usability... no
checking dlfcn.h presence... no
checking for dlfcn.h... no
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for strip... strip
checking for objdir... .libs
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fno-common
checking if gcc PIC flag -fno-common works... yes
checking if gcc static flag -static works... no
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.lo... yes
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... yes
checking whether the linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... unsupported
checking whether stripping libraries is possible... no
checking dynamic linker characteristics... darwin6.5 dyld
creating libtool
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... no
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking for string.h... (cached) yes
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking stdio.h usability... yes
checking stdio.h presence... yes
checking for stdio.h... yes
checking math.h usability... yes
checking math.h presence... yes
checking for math.h... yes
checking errno.h usability... yes
checking errno.h presence... yes
checking for errno.h... yes
checking stdarg.h usability... yes
checking stdarg.h presence... yes
checking for stdarg.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking sys/mman.h usability... yes
checking sys/mman.h presence... yes
checking for sys/mman.h... yes
checking for sys/types.h... (cached) yes
checking sys/time.h usability... yes
checking sys/time.h presence... yes
checking for sys/time.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... (cached) yes
checking fcntl.h usability... yes
checking fcntl.h presence... yes
checking for fcntl.h... yes
checking sys/socket.h usability... yes
checking sys/socket.h presence... yes
checking for sys/socket.h... yes
checking netinet/in.h usability... yes
checking netinet/in.h presence... yes
checking for netinet/in.h... yes
checking netinet/tcp.h usability... yes
checking netinet/tcp.h presence... yes
checking for netinet/tcp.h... yes
checking arpa/inet.h usability... yes
checking arpa/inet.h presence... yes
checking for arpa/inet.h... yes
checking limits.h usability... yes
checking limits.h presence... yes
checking for limits.h... yes
checking pthread.h usability... yes
checking pthread.h presence... yes
checking for pthread.h... yes
checking signal.h usability... yes
checking signal.h presence... yes
checking for signal.h... yes
checking for inline... inline
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... yes
checking for ALSA CFLAGS...
checking for ALSA LDFLAGS...  -lasound -lm -ldl
checking for libasound headers version >= 0.9.0... not present.
checking for snd_seq_open in -lasound... no
checking for fcntl.h... (cached) yes
checking sys/ioctl.h usability... yes
checking sys/ioctl.h presence... yes
checking for sys/ioctl.h... yes
checking sys/soundcard.h usability... no
checking sys/soundcard.h presence... no
checking for sys/soundcard.h... no
checking machine/soundcard.h usability... no
checking machine/soundcard.h presence... no
checking for machine/soundcard.h... no
checking for tgetent in -lmytinfo... no
checking for tgetent in -lncurses... no
checking for tgetent in -lcurses... no
checking for tgetent in -ltermcap... no
checking for tgetent in -lterminfo... no
checking for tgetent in -ltermlib... no
checking for pkg-config... /sw/bin/pkg-config
checking for ladcca-1.0 >= 0.3... configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating src/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/Makefile
config.status: creating include/Makefile
config.status: creating include/fluidsynth/Makefile
config.status: creating include/fluidsynth/version.h
config.status: creating fluidsynth.pc
config.status: creating src/config.h
config.status: src/config.h is unchanged

ALSA:                  no
OSS:                   no
MidiShare:             no
JACK:                  no
CoreAudio:             no
Readline:              yes
LADCCA support:        no
Debug:                 no
Profiling:             no
LADSPA support:        no
use long long:         no
Pentium 3+ SSE:        no

The fact that it says "no" to CoreAudio at this point might have
something to do with it later not compiling the requested file?
Maybe there is more to change than just that one line in config.h?
A natural question - why isn't core audio detected/used at this
stage?

Joe

PS.  Now