[fluid-dev] fluidsynth & jack (on mac os x)

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth & jack (on mac os x)
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 19:17:35 -0500 (CDT)

Hello,

while waiting for what I hope are the last of the core audio concerns to
get sorted out, I've been trying to get fluidsynth to work with jack (per
Stephane Letz's advice).  Not sure how to do this however,

 -a, --audio-driver=[label]
    The audio driver [alsa,jack,oss,dsound,...]

would seem to indicate that

  fluidsynth --audio-driver=jack

would work, but I get

fluidsynth: error: Couldn't find the requested audio driver: (null)
Failed to create the audio driver

even though I have jackd running.

% ps
*snip*
  423  p1  S+     0:00.01 jackd -R -d portaudio
  424  p1  S+    17:18.40 jackd -R -d portaudio

Anyone have any advice about this?

Thanks,

Joe