Re: [fluid-dev] compiling fluidsynth to use core audio

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] compiling fluidsynth to use core audio
Date: 30 May 2003 17:37:03 -0700

On Fri, 2003-05-30 at 14:20, Joe Corneli wrote:
> Probably this isn't deadly:
>
> [fluidsynth-1.0.1]%aclocal && autoheader && autoconf && automake --gnu
> --add-missing --copy
> aclocal: configure.ac: 33: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library

Actually, it might be. I think aclocal will fail if it can't satisfy all
its macros. In order to get all the build stuff to rebuild itself you
might need to satisfy that dependency. Often this is just a matter of
finding the libtool.m4 file (I can make a guess and say that its
probably at /sw/share/aclocal on your machine) and then include this
path by running:
"aclocal -I /sw/share/aclocal".

> The fact that it says "no" to CoreAudio at this point might have
> something to do with it later not compiling the requested file?
> Maybe there is more to change than just that one line in config.h?
> A natural question - why isn't core audio detected/used at this
> stage?

Well, actually thats all that option does is sets COREAUDIO_SUPPORT in
the src/config.h so I was just trying to hack around it, since it is
broken in the configure.ac. You're right though, we should just fix it
:) Now that I know you have autoconf and friends it shouldn't be a
problem. Just find this section in configure.ac in the toplevel
directory and add the line that begins with '-->' without those
characters of course:

fluid_enable_coreaudio="no"
AC_ARG_ENABLE(coreaudio,
[  --enable-coreaudio        enable CoreAudio support],[
  case "$enableval" in
    "yes")
-->   fluid_enable_coreaudio="yes"
      ;;
    "no")
      fluid_enable_coreaudio="no"
      ;;
    *)
      AC_MSG_ERROR([must use --enable-coreaudio(=yes/no) or
--disable-coreaudio])
      ;;
  esac
])

Re-run "autoconf" and "./configure --enable-coreaudio CPPFLAGS=...". You
won't need to manually edit src/config.h anymore, but check and see if
it has COREAUDIO_SUPPORT set to 1. Check the src/Makefile.am again to
make sure that fluid_coreaudio.c isn't mentioned in EXTRA_DIST or
anywhere else, except libfluidsynth_la_SOURCES. Then do a "make".

> Joe
>
> PS.  Now

If you still have troubles, could you send me a tarball (off the list)
of your current source tree? I could more easily diagnose the problem.
Do a "make clean" before taring it up to make things smaller. Cheers.
        Josh Green