Re: [fluid-dev] compiling fluidsynth to use core audio

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] compiling fluidsynth to use core audio
Date: 30 May 2003 13:26:27 -0700

On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 20:33, Joe Corneli wrote:
> > Is the fluid_coreaudio.c file being built? (you'll find a
> > fluid_coreaudio.o file in the src/ directory)
>
> No.
>
> > If it is, is it being linked at the link stage? (you'll see the
> > fluid_coreaudio.o listed when libfluidsynth.a is linked)
>
> Probably too early to say...
>
> > Perhaps automake/autoconf didn't rebuild the Makefile correctly.
>
> Hm...
>
> > Run "automake" and then "autoconf" from the toplevel directory. Re-run
> > ./configure, edit src/config.h and change COREAUDIO_SUPPORT to 1
> > again, retry, that is if you want to :)
>
> Ok, after doing this, still no fluid_coreaudio.o (and I get the same error
> as before)
>
> Joe

I'm a little confused by that. By adding fluid_coreaudio.c to your
src/Makefile.am it should have tried to build that file. You may have to
start fresh by doing this from the top level directory:

make distclean
aclocal && autoheader && autoconf && automake --gnu --add-missing --copy
./configure CPPFLAGS=-I/sw/include LDFLAGS=-L/sw/lib

[ edit the src/config.h to change COREAUDIO_SUPPORT to 1 ]

make

Note that what I said with the CFLAGS= before should actually be
CPPFLAGS=.

Make sure the aclocal, autoheader, etc stuff runs alright. You may need
to get some of those packages (automake/autoconf) in order for things to
work. I'll try and think what else would cause that file to not be
built. Cheers.
        Josh Green