[FR-devel] XP Info [was GUI Links and Morphic]

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: [FR-devel] XP Info [was GUI Links and Morphic]
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 00:32:43 -0800

Horacio Lopez wrote:

> If you don't mind, I will take this opportunity to ask you if you could
> possibly point us to some XP resources on the web.
>
> In special  if there's some documentation available on Project Planning,
> and some XP insight on when you need to plan more, if you haven't
> planned well enough, or you are overplanning to much.
> Is there documented reference on this in XP practices ?
> (if not web links, maybe dead tree ones)

There are a couple XP related areas that I am personally interested in, on
which there is not much information available:
  * Distributed XP
  * XP for one
I would appreciate any references to good material on those topics.

Below are my some of my favorite XP resources.

== Books ==

"Extreme Programming Installed"
This is probably the best (and most balanced) book available on XP -- a good
starting point if you don't have any XP books.

== Web Pages ==

XP Distilled
http://www.rolemodelsoft.com/articles/xpCorner/xpDistilled.htm
-- probably the best XP summary I've found.

XP in a Nutshell for Developers
http://www.rolemodelsoft.com/XP/xpInANutshellDeveloper.htm
-- another good one

== Web Sites ==

"Extreme Programming: A Gentle Introduction"
http://www.extremeprogramming.org/
This is almost like a little XP Book online (in fact you can download a
zipped version of the entire site). I particularly like the "Rules" page as
a handy, very short summary:
http://www.extremeprogramming.org/rules.html

http://www.xprogramming.com/
Good XP resource for links & articles