RE: [FR-devel] Nishio Mizuho's Source Browser -- any volunteers?

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: RE: [FR-devel] Nishio Mizuho's Source Browser -- any volunteers?
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 18:06:11 -0700

NISHIO Mizuho wrote:

> Curt, I am rewriting my source browser. So, if possible, please wait for
> a while.
>
> Now I throw away my parser. And I will use ripper (written by Minero
> Aoki) as ruby script parser.
> I think the new browser is much faster than the older one.

Great! We will definitely wait.

> But, I have one problem. One week ago, My PC was broken. And I can't use
> FreeRIDE on Linux.
> Though I develop my browser on Windows, I don't know how to install the
> FreeRIDE on Windows.
> (Because I don't have VC++, I can't install fox and FXScintilla.)
>
> Is there a binary package of FreeRIDE for windows?

The only binaries involved are Ruby (the development version: 1.7.x) and
FXRuby/FOX. FreeRIDE is 100% Ruby and does not have any binaries.

However, FreeRIDE will not currently run on Windows, and I haven't yet had
time to figure out why. As soon as I do, I can zip up my Ruby tree
(including FXRuby & FreeRIDE) and send you the whole thing.

Curt