RE: [FR-devel] Nishio Mizuho's Source Browser -- any volunteers?

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: RE: [FR-devel] Nishio Mizuho's Source Browser -- any volunteers?
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 04:27:01 -0700

NISHIO Mizuho wrote:
> To my regret, ripper, which is the ruby parser, is the C
> extension library.
> It requires bison and c-compiler. I should give up using ripper?

Over time we are probably going to faced with more and more C extensions as
the natural mechanism for increasing performance (we already have FOX). As
such it seems inevitable to me that we will need to make binary
distributions available on popular platforms.

So, unless bison is *huge* or has some other drawback, I would keep it. Does
anyone else feel differently about this?

Curt