Re: [Fsfe-uk] hacker definition

From: Ramanan Selvaratnam
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] hacker definition
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 08:53:40 +0100

MJ Ray wrote:

Ramanan Selvaratnam <address@hidden> wrote:
experience if AFFS could persuade the people behind this website. Only

The members are AFFS. The (currently 5) exec just try to keep us running
in the right direction and bring a bit more weight to bear.
Maybe it I could have been more clear and helpful had I written *we* could persudae the people who publish websites like this (not just C4 but all those who are making initiatives foster new ideas and methods to execute them). All it needs on our side is some useful web resource written in an authoratative way giving credence to people who want to market vialbe software solutions. ....instead of being highlighted as some shady characters behind some stereotyped jargon. The power and high ideals of free software and why any free thinkers should consider working with/supporting free software hackers is what is badly needed here IMO.

What I will do for now is write to the offending website and try and share any useful feedback.

Regards

Ram