SIGs vs Campaigns // Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership

From: MJ Ray
Subject: SIGs vs Campaigns // Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 17:05:24 -0000

ian <address@hidden> wrote:
> School Forge   (BusinessForge) (NHS forge) etc - I have no idea if such
> groups exist but I think there is something in the NHS.

Should we rename our current campaigns to SIGs and try to make them behave
as independent but linked groups more?  I think that might make it easier
to bring Schoolforge-UK into the fold if we wanted to do that?

[...]
> As far as I know, School Forge is really just a Wiki and a list of
> members. Perhaps it needs to establish a more formal constitution first.

I think having a whole 'nother org is somethign I wanted to avoid.  If we
can do it as a group within AFFS, maybe with its own charter etc, then
that's probably better.

I like the group membership idea, but that has some hurdles to overcome.

      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://address@hidden
       Thought: "Changeset algebra is really difficult."