Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership

From: David Casal
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 11:57:17 +0100 (BST)

Hi Alex,

On Fri, 23 May 2003, Alex Hudson wrote:

> Certainly, we could do a membership/directory type portal affair, although
> of course your definition of 'done deal' might be different to mine (I'm
> thinking of agreement, rather than actual hard code being in place and
> usable ;).

Yes, I am thinking of agreement too, basically. All I need to argue to the
JISC board is that there some kind of consensus towards establishing a
real FE/HE link, especially when it comes to membership and support.

So, for example, someone in an FE college contacts the advisory service
here, which in turns does its best to advise and point people in the right
direction. They become users and perhaps active campaigners of whatever
software (and the idea at large) within their college, and that gains them
entry to membership in the AFFS whether or not they are as involved as
'active' members.

David Casal
e:  address@hidden
w:  ariada.uea.ac.uk/~dcasal