Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 13:54:14 +0100

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 12:38:40PM -0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Alex Hudson <address@hidden> wrote:
> > [...] I think my proposal would be that we set this thing
> > up as the "AFFS Education Network" or something. People could then be
> > members of AFFSEN, which would shortcut our constitution problem.
>
> I'd rather do this under the Schoolforge-UK banner if we can, for now,
> with their members being able to sign up for our EdIG as easily as
> possible.

I wasn't aware Schoolforge-UK was some alias for AFFS - if not, I'm not
sure how it relates to a discussion of what we (AFFS) might do.

> Currently, I don't think they have a membership system as such
> and their aims are quite compatible, so I can't see any reason why not
> to do it. Feel free to tell me otherwise.

I'm just not quite sure what you're proposing. Is this a joint Schoolforge-
AFFS project, or are we just doing some work for their project? I have no
problem working in conjunction with others, but we need to set out some
boundaries if that's what we're planning on doing - so far, we've just
been talking about what AFFS might do (unless I missed something). If you
want something different, then we need to talk about decision making - i.e.,
who controls the project? Who 'owns' the data (this is important from a
DPA point of view)? Etcetera...

Cheers,

Alex.

It probably gives us a nicer