Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 03:14:53 -1100

On 2003-05-27 14:46:20 +0100 Alex Hudson <address@hidden> wrote:
Oh sure, if they have already started doing this then let's help. I'm not sure there's a need for an EdIG in that case though - why don't we just
direct people to Schoolforge?

Schoolforge != Schoolforge-UK. Basically, Schoolforge-UK has projects, helpers and developers, but no campaign management functions, nor any general membership system (basically your education network idea), nor any viable entity to do such things, nor many links outside the education field. I think such things are best done by an AFFS EdIG and contributed to Schoolforge-UK because we already have the parts and/or needs for them and I don't see what they would gain from duplicating them. Each group should do what it is good at.

We probably have other tasks that an AFFS EdIG should do, too. The aims of the two groups are similar, but not a 1-1 mapping and I think any suggestion to change either set of aims to be a 1-1 mapping would be unpopular.

     http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://address@hidden
      Thought: "Changeset algebra is really difficult."