Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 14:46:20 +0100

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 02:35:21AM -1100, MJ Ray wrote:
> >I wasn't aware Schoolforge-UK was some alias for AFFS - if not, I'm
> >not sure how it relates to a discussion of what we (AFFS) might do.
>
> It's not, but if you remember, I've been helping them for a few months
> now. I don't see why we should not task the EdIG with contributing to
> its work. Feel free to suggest what limits you think that should have,
> but I don't see what can be gained from duplicating their work.

Oh sure, if they have already started doing this then let's help. I'm not
sure there's a need for an EdIG in that case though - why don't we just
direct people to Schoolforge? I don't see any reason to duplicate the
management function, if EdIG is basically there to contribute to
Schoolforge. It seems that all the people who would contibute to EdIG
are in Schoolforge/interested in Schoolforge anyway.

Cheers,

Alex.