Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership

From: Richard Smedley
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 17:07:15 +0100 (BST)

MJ Ray said:
>> Is what you're describing something like AFFS EdIG being a member of
>> Schoolforge-UK? Like some kind of contributing organisation, or
>> something?
>
> Yes, probably through some sort of mutual association similar to the
> AFFS-FSFE association. This would expand on the contributions already
> made by some AFFS members and make it easier for other AFFS members to
> contribute.

Particularly with the aim of getting more people,
such as Free-Software-supporting teachers, on board
- to provide us with larger clout, as Ian has expressed
in his postings.

> I think we should also let it use some use of our
> developing structures when appropriate (eg money, co-ordination, etc).

This seems a reasonable part of co-operating with
a common aim.

Should we think about exactly how we do this with
maximum benefit to both groups, then contact the
(currently 18, but surely about to increase hugely)
members of Schoolforge UK about this? So that they
all have a chance of voicing an opinion on this.

 - Richard

--
"Dad, why should we hide from the Police?"    |  www.affs.org.uk
"Because we use Emacs son, and they use Vi!"  |  - supporting Free Software

South Cheshire GNU/Linux Users Group www.sc.lug.org.uk