Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 16:24:55 +0100

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 04:06:54AM -1100, MJ Ray wrote:
> >Is what you're describing something like AFFS EdIG being a member of
> >Schoolforge-UK? Like some kind of contributing organisation, or
> >something?
>
> Yes, probably through some sort of mutual association similar to the
> AFFS-FSFE association. This would expand on the contributions already
> made by some AFFS members and make it easier for other AFFS members to
> contribute.

Sounds sensible. Going back to your original suggestion of setting up
AFFSEdIG as a local group, it does seem a bit bizarre, but I'm not sure
there's any real problem with it (although I believe we have to have
some specific person [at least] to 'run' it? that would be you? :).

> I think we should also let it use some use of our
> developing structures when appropriate (eg money, co-ordination, etc).

*shrug*. Don't see why not, that's what we're here for.

Cheers,

Alex.