Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 22:25:00 -0000

Martin Keegan <address@hidden> wrote:
> Redefining one's notion of "membership" does not give one a bigger voice.
> If anything, it undermines one's credibility.

I agree, to an extent.  I am against using the term "member" for anything
other than those people who pay subscriptions in one of the forms
allowed in the constitution.  That said, I think it would be useful to
allow interested people to register their interest and receive further
information from us with as little effort as possible.  If we can call
them "supporters" or something and use them as a headline number in some
situations, so much the better.

--
MJR