Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership

From: ian
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership
Date: 27 May 2003 15:02:12 +0100

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 14:35, MJ Ray wrote:
> On 2003-05-27 13:54:14 +0100 Alex Hudson <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > I wasn't aware Schoolforge-UK was some alias for AFFS - if not, I'm
> > not sure how it relates to a discussion of what we (AFFS) might do.
>
> It's not, but if you remember, I've been helping them for a few months
> now. I don't see why we should not task the EdIG with contributing to
> its work. Feel free to suggest what limits you think that should have,
> but I don't see what can be gained from duplicating their work.

Maybe it would be simpler to just set up AFFSED (or whatever we want to
call it) invite all the Schoolforge members to join and use AFFSED as a
campaigning body with a constitution and direct link to AFFS. At the
moment Schoolforge is just a web site with a list of members so there is
no official organisation. This way, if a few members of schoolforge
don't want to be part of the campaigning etc they simply don't need to
be but we can still use the schoolforge web site to further information
exchange.
--
ian <address@hidden>