Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 11:49:22 +0100

Hi David,

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 10:59:54AM +0100, David Casal wrote:
> Easy point of entry for membership to the AFFS for any FE
> group/teacher/student using free software actively would be a great thing
> to be able to argue, as well as a directory, etc.

We have discussed the possibility of a UK directory of free software users/
businesses/ etc. previously, it seems to be a topic that keeps coming up.

> Thoughts? Suggestions? Could we crack on with the <http://member.fsf.org/>
> system so that I get to say we're on to it already?

Well, the associate membership of the FSF is really just a fund-raising
exercise - is that what you want us to do (apologies, I haven't been
following this thread in real detail)?

Certainly, we could do a membership/directory type portal affair, although
of course your definition of 'done deal' might be different to mine (I'm
thinking of agreement, rather than actual hard code being in place and
usable ;).

Cheers,

Alex.