Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 14:38:20 +0100

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 01:42:58PM +0100, Ramanan Selvaratnam wrote:
> The automated facility and its ease of use  for associate membership of the
> FSF is what might be a useful reference.

I'll just remind people that it's fairly unlikely that we will be offering
associate membership of the FSF, no matter what the footer on this list
says :o)

> Also what we should promote as benefits will have to be different.

Presumably the benefits here are along the lines of 'your ideas intrigue
me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter'? It's unlikely we would want
to stretch to costs beyond marketing materials, etc., as part of our more
general role to inform people about free software.

> Also we should not encourage anyone to join ...only specific people who
> must have atleast some loose association with free software.

Hmm, dunno. The ability for us to reach people who don't necessarily know
anything about Free Software would be very useful.

Cheers,

Alex.