Re: [glob2-devel] Embedded scripting language

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Embedded scripting language
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 11:51:00 +0100

Hi,

Your interest for scripting is perfectly justified, and we have been thinking
a lot about it in the last few years. Challenges have been identified but
because we were lazy we didn' summarize them properly in a wiki :-(
Nevertheless here is a thread (lurked from the archive
(http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/), that can interest you a
lot:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/2005-05/msg00042.html

Basically, as glob2 is synchronous, we need a script that:
- execute the same on all computers (that forbides any use of float)
- has a state that can be stored or reloaded

Lua is a good script, and we were also thinking of squirrel, sort of "next
generation lua" (http://www.squirrel-lang.org/). We still don't really now if
the the point above are ok with squirrel, we have asked on their forum but
until now we didn' get any answer (Marv correct me if I'm wrong)