Re: [glob2-devel] Embedded scripting language

From: Bo Lorentsen
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Embedded scripting language
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 15:15:31 +0100

Martin Voelkle wrote:

Exactly. Determinism can be dropped if the script is executed on one host only.

But saving and restoring state is a must have if you want to keep the
scenario state on the execution stack:
wait(condition)
do(something)
wait(other condition)
do(something else)
Ahh, so you wish to use "wait" like in the old days when we in windows (16) used "yield" to let other programs get some processor time. The only difference is the demand/need to persist in between waits ?

I thought it had something to do with the network part of globulation to let all machines execute the same amount of functionality per node regardless of the hardware configuration, as a kind of fairness balancer :-)

A complete analysis of TCO for both approaches from the point of view
of a scenario writer is left as an exercise for the reader (drop it on
this list in a message with subject 'get the facts').
And the argument must be in favor of the switch/case solution then :-)

/BL