Re: [glob2-devel] Development Cycle

From: nct
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Development Cycle
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 18:43:10 +0100 (CET)

> if you want something to do, PLEASE take a look at the network stack.
> The metaserver needs to be rewritten with mysql and md5 support so it
> can interact with the mysql database of forum users, etc.
>
> the goal is to have universal logins, Yog is currently the last needed
> part. talk to nct, he can get you access to dioxide.

I can perhaps help with YOG. Is there a specification of sql tables and
command we have to use? If you want to help us make this change, I suggest
we make a small C++ object, that looks like this:

//! Interface to mediawiki user and password
class YOGMediaWikiInterface
{
//! Create a new login, return true on success
bool createLogin(const std::string &username, const std::string &password);
//! Login a user, return true on success
bool login(const std::string &username, const std::string &password);
//! Logout a user
void logout(const std::string &username);
};

We can test the implementation of this class using a C++ SQL interface
(any C++ SQL guru here?) separately and when it works, it shouldn't be
that difficult to implement in YOGserver, I think could manage this if
nuage is occupied. Nuage, did I forget anything in the class that is
required by YOG?