Re: [glob2-devel] Development Cycle

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Development Cycle
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 15:13:28 +0100

if next thing we do is 1.0 there are still features to be brought in. please think of 'only' 40 people willing to play via yog with the interface as is.
*games don't tell you who hostes them
*games still appear double (do they?)
*no password on games (the wrong people will keep joining)
*how does it look with 10 open games? 20? 100?
*market needs to be removed although i think this teamwise stock idea would perfectly fit in (new feature). *these time-to-time-desyncs cry for a feature like "vote on who's local version to continue to play" instead of going down and manualy rehost ...

I would vote for a .18 if win-lin is solved as it looks poor to tell people to please use .15 if win-lin is a problem.

I could provide a random map generator for 0.18 (give me 3 days so i can fit it in parrallel to the existing one and add some parameters.) Someone did a mapgenerator that grew ressources instead of placing rectangular fields. Could he please provide me with his function or commit this function?

Greetings, Leo Wandersleb

Andrew Sayers wrote:
Are we still aiming to get a 1.0 version of Glob2 released as soon as
possible, or are we now looking to have an extended development period
on the current codebase?  Since Nuage has returned, development of the
current codebase seems to have increased significantly - that's not
necessarily a bad thing, but (for example) there's no point in me trying
to move code over to the map rewrite when I'm porting from a moving
target.

Stephane and Nuage - if you want a 1.0 version in the near future, what
sort of roadmap are you looking at, and when will we have a feature
freeze?  I'm sorry to nag, but if we're going to develop Glob2 in bazaar
mode, you need to be a lot more transparent and accessible about things.
In particular, it would be very helpful if you could get into the habit
of being on IRC whenever you can (e.g. when you're programming).  Even
if you only check back at the screen every hour or two, it really helps
the project along in the long-run.

        - Andrew