Re: [glob2-devel] flags vs. areas: getting the best of both worlds

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] flags vs. areas: getting the best of both worlds
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2007 16:02:10 +0200

> Controlling zones in a similar way as we control flags seems like a good
> idea indeed. As a matter of fact, I begin to wonder that if we are able
> to control such an area in a way we control flags (and maybe even add a
> priority option to the 'area flag'), do we need flags at all?

With clearing flags you're right.  But with war flags I'm not sure and
considering exploration flags I'm sure that we want them.

When your enemy surprises you or breaks through your defensive lines,
you'll be glad to have a war flag.
You can create a war flag faster than having to put up guard
areas and a flag that controls them and this everywhere your enemy
is running to.

Flags are better for explorers, when they are not used to attack.
And we don't have exploration areas, but we could implement them.
Attacking with explorers is awful.  They always cycle around the flag.