Re: [glob2-devel] new areas gfx

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] new areas gfx
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2007 22:06:16 +0200

> In other news, I am not exceedingly happy about the clouds. We had that
> feature
> implemented a while ago, and it was promptly removed not on the grounds that
> it
> is not looking nice -- it is, and even nicer with the current clouds -- but
> because it is disturbing and impairs the ability of the player to view the
> map.
>
> Especially on not-so-good screens.

The clouds are still there.
Only the SDL supported clouds have been remove because they crashed
glob2.  With opengl activated and low graphics deactivated clouds
should be visible.

> So my personal opinion is: we should keep only the shadows, and have the
> clouds
> reflect on water only (it would be a shame to waste such nice clouds)

As far as I know the clouds are configurable and Leo only made them
dominant to present his our new feature.  And then we didn't change
it afterwards.

The animations look realy nice.
Maybe forbidden fields and wheat will confuse.
But they really look like forbidden areas.