Re: [glob2-devel] Well, we have a plan then.

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Well, we have a plan then.
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 23:23:13 -0400

On 4/16/07, Kieran P <address@hidden> wrote:
>From a conversation Bradley and I had. It basically says what will happen:

15:05:50
k776
So, I want to get this straight: Bugs will be fixed, rc23 made, tested,
released. Imediatly after, switch head, map rewrite, and rc23 to murcurial
on Nct new server, and continue devel there, turn off savannah CVS to read
only.
Everything else remains. wiki on Apples, released, bugs and mail on
savannah, merucurial, doxygen and nightlies on nct
Sound good? (as lead dev, you say yes or no and it will happen :P)

15:06:40
genixpro
hmm sounds good

So
* Over the next week, Nct needs to setup Mecurial. While this is being
done........
* Bradley and anyone else will apply fixes for as many bugs in Savannah as
possible
* When no more bugs can be fixed without major rewrites, the code will be
tagged with rc23
* A few days will pass, rc23 will be tested, compiling on debian, mandriva,
windows, and more
* The release will be made, announcements posted, and websites changed
* The day after, HEAD, and the map rewrite and rc23 branch's will be
exported (many other branches will not be compatble with the new core and
should go)
* All three will have their CVS folders removed, then a simple hg add and hg
commit by Nct for the inital import will be done (as said by bradley in
another email, loosing histroy is not a concern)
* Once the code is imported, and the brancehes are in place, and ready for
use. CVS will be turned to read only.
* Development will, from this day forward take place in Nct's Mucurial SCMS.

Setup:
Apple will host the wiki, the documentation for devs and players.
Nct will host the source with Murcurial (and the doxygen and nightlies once
setup)
Savannah will host the releases, mailing lists, and bug reports

Any comments, suggestions, or complants?? Otherwise, this will go ahead.

--
Kieran.P
 http://qlwiki.linuxsolutions.co.nz/

I still think that delaying with a release candidate defeats the
purpose of having a release candidate. The candidate is nothing
special, just branch and notify us,

--
Really. I'm not lieing. Bradley Arsenault.