Re: [glob2-devel] Using python

From: jon Neal
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Using python
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 20:59:26 -0400

whoops, hit some button and gmail thought to send!

I don't mean for in game, I mean for the game. It just seems like some of the c++ stuff could be converted to help make matters simpler/easier.

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 8:58 PM, jon Neal <address@hidden> wrote:
I don

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 4:15 AM, Stephane Magnenat <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wednesday 22 October 2008 22:31:31 jon Neal wrote:
> Has the thought ever occurred to use more python? Right now I see it is
> used for some testing units, but why not other simple things? I'm not
> talking about AI or anything that needs speed, but this could really help
> speed up coding time and produce more understandable code.

We have already discussed quite a lot about scripting. We got to the
conclusion of making our own script, USL, because we wanted predictive
execution and checkpointability. USL, in principle, is pretty much as powerful
as Python is, although it is still young and of course needs improvements. So
for in-game scripting, we should go for USL.

Have a nice day,