[Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla's what-changed (missing explicit tag for file (

From: Karel Gardas
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla's what-changed (missing explicit tag for file (try tree-lint) error message)
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 12:04:12 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Miles Bader wrote:

> Karel Gardas <address@hidden> writes:
> > commit certainly need to run tree-lint, although when using explicit
> > tagging method, errors like added source file, which does not have
> > explicit tag should be just warnings
>
> Er, well, it ought to be configurable -- I definitely want commit to
> fail if there's something unrecognized in my tree (because it's almost
> always that I forgot to add an explicit tag or a tagline).

Agree. But please consider that's the option for project which builds
quickly or outside from the source tree. On the other hand, there are
projects which build directly inside the source tree and also they are
quite slow to build - for these project, such option is better to switch
off.

Heck, I should find some time to make MICO build outside source tree...

Cheers,

Karel
--
Karel Gardas                  address@hidden