[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Re: Are pristine trees really dead?

From: Pau Aliagas
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Re: Are pristine trees really dead?
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:22:10 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Tom Lord wrote:

>     > And once this is in place:
>     > -kill all [in-tree] pristine-trees code
>
> No way.   Make it harder to invoke by accident, sure, but it has the
> virtue of keeping the disk-space-mgt. problem very simple for some
> kinds of application.

Tom, I know it's a lot hell of code, but you shouldn't feel too attached
to it anymore. If they are not needed, they are better off for all
purposes. It's already difficult to explain what all the available caches
(revlibs, cachedrevs) are to keep a useless one (pristines).

I'm all for killing them from the code too unless you are totally opposed
to it (and have good reasons to convince me ;) I volunteer to rip them
from the code if you accept it.

Pau