Re: [Gnu-arch-users] clean up tla help

From: Alfred M\. Szmidt
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] clean up tla help
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 21:38:52 +0100

   tla help right shows too many commands; more than half of them are
   pretty much useless. I propose that we organize all commands into a
   few levels, like basic, advance, guru and deprecated. By default
   tla help will only show basic level commands.  If there is no
   objection, I am going to post a patch.

I object, instead how about something like --help=basic or so?  Often
you do things like --help |grep FOO to just figure out what the heck
that thing was called.  I think it is better that --help always shows
all non-deprected commands.  This is one of those things that irks me
with gpg since it only lists the commonly used ones. :(