Re: [Gnu-arch-users] clean up tla help

From: Alfred M\. Szmidt
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] clean up tla help
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 01:46:58 +0100

   A long time ago (around the time that jblack was release manager),
   I began cleaning up the tla help text.

   My changes appear to be in
   address@hidden/tla--help--1.2

I don't like it (the behaviour), but that might be because I use tla
on many different machines, where my ~/.arch-params isn't shared.  How
about a compromise.

tla --help -- tla help all

tla help -- what your patch does
tla help all -- what your patch does
tla help SECTION -- what your patch does

That way atleast I'll be happy :-) And I think most users who are
familiar with --help.  All I really want is a sane behaviour for
--help, since tla uses `tla help' instead of --help, changing `tla
help' without introducing a sane --help command would be confusing to
those who are familar with --help.  Hopefully the last sentence makes
some sense.

Night.