Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: patch: clean up some cacherev mess

From: Mikhael Goikhman
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: patch: clean up some cacherev mess
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 19:10:43 +0000

On 21 Nov 2005 10:19:44 -0800, Derek Zhou wrote:

> I don't get it. For centralized development, there are lots of
> different ways

I spoke about grouping users in the system to have certain common rights
on certain directories. This has no direct relation to development model.

Anyway, if you do not use unix groups and are proud of it, it is fine
with me, however there are people who do use them. :) So, returning to
the original message, it would be, for example, a bug for tla to create
a pristine in /tmp and then move it (not copy) to the project tree.

> > umask is always 2, there is a ready-to-use option for one or another.
>
> Fragile or not, how about _privacy_?

You are welcome to show a single case when umask 2/7 gives less privacy
than 22/77. Yes, every user has its own group that is his default group.

Regards,
Mikhael.