Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: patch: clean up some cacherev mess

From: Mikhael Goikhman
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: patch: clean up some cacherev mess
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 12:13:59 +0000

On 19 Nov 2005 16:40:26 -0800, Derek Zhou wrote:

> I am a little bit confused here.

It is a bit hard to keep a long discussion if one top-posts.

> Neither my home dir nor /tmp are g+s?

My point was for project directories configured for multiple developers.

> An what do you mean by non-transient tmp_dir?

I mean, the directory that is left after tla is finished.  tla creates
many such sub-directories in the project tree, library or archive.
All of them should have mode 2775 (664) recursivelly if the parent
directory has such mode and umask 2 is used. Otherwise, it is a bug.

Transient directories (shortly removed) are less important, except when
they are used to create tar.gz. I wanted to raise the awareness and to
check consequences in each individual case rather than blindly switching
to /tmp. Thank you.

Regards,
Mikhael.