RE: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: patch: clean up some cacherev mess

From: Derek Zhou
Subject: RE: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: patch: clean up some cacherev mess
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 17:09:08 -0800

Periodical updating sth? this looks like a cron job for me. Never let a
human (or even worse, a group of human) to do a machine's job.  Multiple
people commiting from the same dir? I just fail to apreciate this
concept.

> > It looks like s bit will only enforce gid, but not group permission,
> > which is determined by umask.
>
> Yes, this scenario is useless without umask 2 or 7 everywhere.
Shared working space? chmod g+s on the project dir? Make sure everybody
have the same umask and that is 002 or 007?
Are you actually doing all of these, with tla?
It looks like your setup is very delicate, and can be screwed up by lots
of different way. For example, if one of your guys check out a tree in a
non g+s dir, make some changes and commit, then you have the same amount
of trouble.

> Regards,
> Mikhael.

Derek