Re: gds.el --- Emacs interface to Google Desktop Search

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: gds.el --- Emacs interface to Google Desktop Search
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 00:15:19 +0100

"Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden> writes:

>     In my case I have GD installed on my machine because I think it helps
>     me, and I wanted to interface to it, to make my Emacs experience
>     better. If there were a free replacement I would use that instead and
>     interface to that one.
>
> We can't treat a non-free program as ethically legitimate
> merely because there is no free program that replaces it!

I won't argue with you on this one.  I basically agree but I am not as
adamant as you are in these matters.  I am proud that I sucessfully
switched to use 100 % GNU/Linux at home some years ago, despite my
surroundings (none of my friends use GNU/Linux, yet) looking at me
suspiciously.

I won't comment more about this in this thread, it's already too
off-topic.  IMHO, of course.